There are particular factors to take into consideration when checking your tyres for a road trip and those details are included in this Article.
- If the car “wanders” from side to side at highway speed that means the steering wheel is off-center. If the car pulls to one side, the wheel alignment should be checked.
- Ensure that all shocks, CV joints and springs are in good working order. If there is any sign of damage on any of the parts then it needs to be replaced immediately.
- Checking the fluids in your car may help you avoid an accident or an unnecessary breakdown, this includes oil, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, antifreeze, windshield washer fluid and brake fluid.
- Ensure that all pipes and belts are tightly secured.
- Ensure that all lights and signals are functional on your car and replace bulbs as necessary. Also take note that occasionally, lights may not work because a fuse needs to be replaced.
- You need to ensure that your wipers give you a smear-free view and if they don’t, it is time to put on new wipers.
- Your car’s brakes are your last line of defense and you need it to be in top-notch condition.
- The air filter